Buying a house is one of the largest investments most people make in their lives. So why isn’t selling your house in that conversation? We think it should be a close second. Selling your house fast in Houston can get pretty difficult if you are doing it yourself or working with a novice real estate agent. Completing a home sale can require a lot of time, planning, paperwork, and even money!
How to sell your house fast in Houston.
let’s start with a few things and then we’ll get into more detail.
- Prepare your home for sale: One of the first things you want to do before you think about putting your house on the market is to prepare your home for sale. You really want to go in and make any updates necessary to your home. which may include updating appliances, repainting walls, updating the landscaping, and replacing old dingy carpets to name a few. Besides these things you want to make sure you take care of the big five. The big five are your HVAC system, plumbing, roof, electrical system, and foundation. You want to make sure you get these items checked by a professional. Before you sell your house fast in Houston, you’re going to fill out a seller’s disclosure form. This form discloses any issues with the home you are aware of. You don’t want to lose a great potential buyer because of faulty plumbing you could have taken care of.
- Check the current market: Is it a buyer’s or seller’s market? Is this the best time to put your home on the market to maximize the amount of money you can get? Check with your agent or visit a site like Zillow or Trulia to get information on what the current real estate market is doing.
- Listing with an agent or for sale by owner (FSBO): Some homeowners are very comfortable selling their home the traditional way with a realtor. However, more and more homeowners are opting to sell their homes by themselves also known as for sale by owner. There are many websites you can use to streamline this process and make it easier to be a do it yourselfer.
- Set the right price: Do your market research, check comparables homes, and set the right price. You definitely don’t want to overprice your home. If you do so it will probably sit on the market for a very long time. You also don’t want to underpriced your home because you want to maximize the amount of money you can get from selling it. When you are ready to list your home, make sure the price is in line with other comparable homes in and around your neighborhood.
- Market your home: If you’re working with an agent they’ll do most of the marketing for you. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t do any marketing for yourself. Check with neighbors, friends, and co-workers. You never know who is in the market for buying a new home. If you’re selling your home by yourself you can use Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com to market your home for free.
- Negotiation skills: Get your negotiation skills in tip-top shape. There is a chance you’re going to get lowball offers, so you want to make sure you put yourself in a strong position to negotiate and come out ahead.
- Get to the closing table: Once you have a financed buyer, it’s time to get the closing done. Keep in mind that you might have contingencies to deal with or repairs that you weren’t aware of
- Get ready to move: Congratulations you have sold your home. The next step is to pack up and move on to your next dream house.
Alternative ways to sell your house fast in Houston
If you’re in a situation where your home is in major disappear or you just don’t have the time or money to list your home properly. Here are some alternate ways you may want to consider:
- Sell your home directly to an investor: These companies will flip and sell your home or put it up for rent. You will sell your home quickly. but you may get less than the market value.
- Sell at an auction: You can sell quickly by auctioning off your home, but you are likely to sell below market value.
- Sell to a developer: This is not a very common situation. This applies if your home is totally inhabitable and needs to be torn down and a new one built.
- Consider a short sale: Most of the time when people need to sell their homes quickly it usually means that the homeowners are distressed or the property is distressed. Why? Because, oftentimes, the debt owed on the property is more than the current value of the home. That means there is no equity in the property. In addition, if you’re going through a divorce death of a spouse bankruptcy, or any other financial problems, it compounds the situation and makes it worse.
- Transfer your mortgage: You can transfer your mortgage to someone else if your mortgage is assumable. You will have to get with your lender and find out if this is even possible. keep in mind that the new borrow will need to qualify for the loan.
In this article, you will find out how to sell your house fast in Houston. We give you some tried and true strategies to help you sell your home whether it’s the best house on the block or if it’s distressed in need of repairs.